What are cockroaches?
Cockroaches are prolific unhygienic pests you don’t want to deal with on your property. These insects grow between half an inch and two inches long that are notorious for their prolific nature and hardiness. A cockroach infestation on your property grows rapidly, and these insects have expert hiding skills and adaptability, which make them difficult to remove entirely. Most types of cockroaches appear tan to light brown, though some species are reddish-brown, dark brown, or almost black. Some cockroaches do have wings, but they typically cannot fly.
Signs that cockroaches are taking over your property include unpleasant odors, cockroach sightings, droppings, smear marks, or egg casings left behind over surfaces or floors. Because professional cockroach control products are just the thing to eliminate these pests, professional cockroach control is the best way to tame and remove all traces of these insects.
Are cockroaches dangerous?
Cockroaches might be small, but they can present major dangers to your property once they invade. These insects track bacteria and pathogens across your surfaces and in food storage areas as they infest and scavenge on your property. A widespread infestation increases your chances of picking up an illness such as listeriosis, salmonellosis, dysentery, and gastroenteritis, among many others.
Additionally, cockroaches are known to trigger respiratory issues in many individuals. They can cause allergic reactions ranging from mild to severe by the salvia, droppings, and egg cases they leave behind around your property.
Why do I have a cockroach problem?
Cockroach problems typically occur on properties with plenty of this insect’s preferred things, such as easy access to food, water, and safe shelter. It’s important to evaluate both the inside and outside of your property for these issues if you want to stop a cockroach problem from occurring.
Where will I find cockroaches?
Typically, cockroaches will hide outside near trash cans, compost piles, and piles of organic debris or waste. Once they invade your property, they may be in kitchens, food storage areas and pantries, bathrooms, basements, and waste disposal areas.
How do I get rid of cockroaches?
To get rid of cockroaches for good, skip DIY home pest control tactics and contact Eco Valley Pest Control at the first signs of these pests around your property. Our team will inspect your property for cockroach problem areas and remove these pests at the source, eliminating your active infestation and preventing future problems.
Call us today to learn more about our cockroach treatment offerings.
How can I prevent cockroaches in the future?
Stopping cockroach problems in the future is easy when you follow our expert prevention tips below:
- Seal up any potential cockroach entry points around your property, such as the gaps around windows, doors, and the foundation.
- Utilize window and door screens, weatherstripping, and door sweeps to ensure cockroaches stay outside.
- Always store leftover food properly and never leave out dirty dishes or food and drink spills, as the aroma of these items attracts hungry roaches.
- Consider using airtight containers in food storage areas to make cockroach scavenging much more difficult.
- Dispose of all trash promptly, tightly seal trash bags, and use outdoor trash cans with tight-fitting lids to prevent odors and stop cockroach scavenging.
- Clear outdoor areas of long grass, overgrown foliage, pet waste, and piles of organic debris that might attract cockroaches.
Contact Eco Valley Pest Control today for more information on Phoenix pest control or for assistance in defeating active infestations of this dangerous, tricky pest.