There are some tell-tale signs to look for if you think you have a rodent problem in your home. There are several steps you can take to exclude rodents from your home, and professional pest control in Phoenix is available to combat a variety of rodents. First, it's helpful to know how to identify rodent damage.
How Can I Tell If Rodents Are Damaging My Home?
Droppings are one of the most obvious signs that one of these furry creatures has been present. Rodents will also leave smears along surfaces as they travel, and sometimes you may find fur in these areas as well.
Rodent damage can range from small gnaw marks to large holes chewed through walls or floors. If you see any damage like this, it's a good indication that rodents are present and active in your home. This damage can pose a severe risk to the structural integrity of your home. Addressing a rodent problem as soon as possible is the best way to prevent further damage to your home and keep your family safe.
If you suspect you have a rodent problem in your home, contact a pest control professional that knows how to get rid of rodents to discuss your options for removal and prevention.
How Rodents Can Make You Sick If An Infestation Goes Untreated
The list of common rodents in Phoenix includes mice, rats, chipmunks, squirrels, marmots, and gophers, with mice and rats being the most likely to infest your home. Here's what you need to know about the variety of diseases that these animals carry that can transmit to humans:
- Hantavirus: Humans contract this disease through contact with rodent urine. It causes severe respiratory illness in humans and, in rare cases, can be deadly.
- Bubonic plague: This disease is most commonly associated with rats, but other rodents can also carry it. While rare, it is a highly contagious disease that can be fatal if not treated promptly.
- Salmonella: This germ is commonly found in rodents and can cause food poisoning.
- Leptospirosis: Humans can contract this disease with rodent urine. It can cause a severe, potentially fatal illness.
If you have a rodent infestation in your home, it's important to take steps to get rid of the rodents as soon as possible. Leaving an infestation untreated can put you and your family at risk for serious illness. Contact a home pest control professional for assistance if you have a rodent problem.
Four Of The Easiest Rodent Exclusion Tips For Around Your Home
If you're like most people, you don't want rodents in your home. Unfortunately, these furry pests can be challenging to keep out. But don't worry – there are some simple things you can do to get rid of rodents in your house and keep them out for good.
Here are four easy rodent exclusion techniques:
- Rodent-proof your doors and windows. Make sure all gaps and cracks around doors and windows are sealed shut. This will help to prevent rodents from getting inside in the first place.
- Rodent-proof your food storage areas. Store all food, including pet food, in airtight containers. This will make it more difficult for rodents to access and will help to keep your food fresh.
- Rodent-proof your home's exterior. Remove any potential rodent hiding places, such as piles of leaves or wood, from around your home's perimeter.
- Use rodent traps to catch any rodents that may have made it into your home. Check the traps regularly and dispose of any caught rodents properly.
By following these simple tips, you can help to keep rodents out of your home.
Phoenix's Secret Weapon To Complete Rodent Control
If you're looking for complete rodent control in your home, you need to call Eco Valley Pest Control. We specialize in rodent control and can help you get rid of your rodent problem. We use the latest techniques and equipment to get the job done right, and we guarantee our work.
Call us today for a free estimate. We'll be happy to answer any questions and help you get started on the path to a rodent-free home. Thanks for choosing Phoenix's secret weapon for rodent control!