What are ants?
Ants are small insects that live in colonies and tend to have social structures within these colonies. Most ants don’t grow larger than half an inch in length, and many different species of ants have the potential to invade human structures. Ants range from dark black to brown, red, and tan in color, which can make identification tricky; you may need to consult with a professional ant control company to receive proper identification of the ants on your property.
When left untreated, ant infestations tend to cause serious health and safety problems around homes or businesses.
Are ants dangerous?
Ant invaders on your property can be dangerous, as all ants bite or sting. These bites may result in allergic reactions that range from mild itchiness to more severe anaphylaxis, and receiving many ant bites may trigger allergic reactions even in those without preexisting allergic issues.
Some ant species may invade the wooden structures of your property and tunnel away, leaving you with hollow wood and a risk of structural collapse. Others may invade electrical outlets and wiring boxes, resulting in shorts and costly repairs.
All ants may also track diseases or pathogens inside your property and through food storage areas as they scavenge, increasing your risk of illnesses like salmonella or gastroenteritis.
Effective ant control is required to avoid these issues.
Why do I have an ant problem?
Ant problems tend to occur on properties that provide plenty of access to food, shelter, and moist conditions; ants tend to be drawn to the aroma of food and trash and love easy places to shelter. If you suspect conditions on your property are attracting ants, speak to Eco Valley Pest Control about the best methods for indoor and outdoor home pest control.
Where will I find ants?
Outdoors, ants are usually found hiding within long grass or around trash cans, compost piles, and piles of organic waste or debris. Once they move indoors, ants love to stay around kitchens, food storage areas, bathrooms, basements, and the space between walls.
How do I get rid of ants?
Remove ants from your property for good by contacting a Phoenix pest control company for ants, such as Eco Valley Pest Control. Our team will help identify your ant invaders and any problem areas before working to remove the pest at the source. With the root causes of your ant problem gone, you can reclaim your property and your peace of mind from this tiny nuisance pest.
Call us today to get started with efficient ant removal.
How can I prevent ants in the future?
The following ant prevention tips can help you stop ants from taking over your property in the future.
- Seal any potential ant entry points around your property, like the cracks around windows and doors, to keep this pest out.
- Use window and door screens, weather stripping, and door sweeps to fully protect interior areas from pest invaders.
- Store leftover food properly and always clean up food and drink spills, as the aroma of these items often attracts hungry ants.
- Dispose of trash promptly and seal trash bags tightly. Use trash cans with tight-fitting lids to keep ants out.
- Address leaks or moisture issues that might be contributing to excess water and humid conditions that could serve as a water source for ants.
- Clear outdoor areas of long grasses and organic debris to remove ant harborage areas.
Call Eco Valley Pest Control today for more ant prevention advice or ant removal assistance.