Phoenix is a city that has it all, offering sunshine, museums, desert gardens, and entertainment to its residents and visitors alike. Nonetheless, along with the perpetual sun and outdoor fun come different pests, such as ants. If you need effective pest control services in Phoenix to get rid of ants, Eco Valley Pest Control is your local choice.
How To Identify Common Types Of Ants
There are different types of pests in Phoenix to watch out for, and some of the most common pests in the area are ants. Ants around the house sometimes go unnoticed, but once an infestation has started, it is impossible not to be affected by them.
The following are some of the most common types of ants in Phoenix, Arizona:
- Argentine ants: They range from 1/16 inch to ¼ inch in size. They are dark brown to black in color. They travel in trails and can be aggressive toward other ant species.
- Crazy ants: These insects measure from 1/16 inches to ? inches in size, and they're dark brown to black with a gray sheen. They have long legs and antennae, and they run in an erratic manner – hence their name!
- Odorous house ants: They are brown or black in color and range from 1/16 inch to ? inch in size. They produce a rotten coconut-like smell when crushed or threatened and enjoy sweets.
- Pavements ants: These ants are about ? inch in size, and they nest in or under cracks in the pavement. They are dark brown to black in color.
If you need effective ant control in Phoenix to get rid of any of the ants listed above, contact Eco Valley Pest Control today.
Why Ants In The House Can Be So Problematic
If ants find an entry point into your home, such as a torn window screen or a cracked foundation, they can begin an infestation that can be difficult to remove. Because these insects are so tiny and reproduce quickly, it is hard to get rid of them on your own. Contact ant pest control services near you if you're having issues keeping ants away. Ants are known to cause many problems in Phoenix homes, including contaminating food, triggering allergic reactions, and causing damage.
Five Naturally Effective Ant Prevention Tips
While we don't suggest using DIY techniques to get rid of a current ant infestation, there are effective ant prevention tips that you can follow to prevent their presence.
The following ant control tips can help you stop ant infestations before they start:
- Cover your pool to make sure that ants don't come near it.
- Maintain your lawn and yard, keep the grass mowed, trim shrubs, and eliminate leaf piles and other organic debris ants might nest inside.
- Keep your kitchen clean and store food in airtight containers or the refrigerator.
- Sweep and clean the house regularly.
- Seal cracks and gaps on the exterior and interior of your home with silicone caulking or weatherstripping.
If you need more ant control solutions for your Phoenix home, Eco Valley Pest Control is your local choice. Contact us today to learn more about our pest control services.
The Key To Total Ant Control For Your Home
If you need efficient ant pest control for your Phoenix residence, Eco Valley Pest Control can help you. With 20 years of experience, we will only use the best organic products to remove ants while keeping you and your loved ones safe.
We begin with an initial inspection to check homes for entry points and signs of ants. Based on your needs and situation, we will create a comprehensive ant management plan for your home. We'll treat the interior and exterior of your Phoenix home, ensuring that all ants are gone. We will also work with you on long-term prevention solutions and provide follow-up visits. If you're ready to say goodbye to ants, contact Eco Valley Pest Control today for a free estimate and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Phoenix.