There are few things worse than having cockroaches in your home. They are disgusting, spread disease, and can make you sick. The good news is that there are many ways to prevent them from invading your Phoenix home, including professional pest control in Phoenix. We're going to show you exactly how roaches get into homes so that you can avoid an infestation in yours!
Why Cockroaches Invade Phoenix Homes
Phoenix is an ideal environment for roaches. The city has a large population of them due to its warm climate and the fact that there are many food sources available. Cockroaches in Phoenix will invade your home if they feel the need to find food, water, and shelter. They also like areas where there are lots of people and pets that leave behind food scraps or pet waste. For example, if you leave a few crumbs on the counter every day after eating breakfast, it's only natural that a roach will come along and eat them!
How To Identify A Cockroach Infestation
One of the easiest ways to identify a cockroach infestation is when you see them. However, there are also other signs that may lead you to believe you have cockroaches. Here are some common signs of a cockroach infestation.
- Cockroach droppings. Cockroach droppings are small, brownish-black pellets. You'll typically find them in areas where roaches are present, such as near their food or water sources.
- Roach eggs. These are oval-shaped, white, and about the size of a grain of rice. The eggs can stick to surfaces and hide inside cracks or crevices in your home.
- Shed cockroach exoskeletons. The exoskeleton of a cockroach consists of protein and chitin. When a roach molts, it sheds this exoskeleton and leaves behind a brownish-black chalky substance. You may find these in areas where they stay or hide, such as along the edges of walls or under appliances.
- Musty smell. Roaches have an unpleasant odor that can be detected when they are present in large numbers.
Cockroaches in Phoenix homes spread bacteria that can cause food poisoning and diarrhea. Roach control is essential because it can prevent these health effects and improve the quality of your home.
Five Tips To Prevent Cockroaches From Getting Into Your Phoenix Home
Keeping cockroaches out of your Phoenix home is not as difficult as it sounds. Here are five tips to help you prevent them from getting in:
- Seal up all openings in the walls and foundation.
- Dispose of garbage in bins with tight lids and keep food in airtight containers.
- Keep pet food and water dishes clean, as cockroaches will eat these if nothing else is available.
- Unclog drains to prevent water from pooling up in the sink or bathtub, which would make a lovely home for roaches.
- Clean up spills immediately so that no food or liquid dries out on counters or floors that could attract roaches.
Call the Echo Valley Pest Control service technicians if you have a severe infestation. We know how to prevent cockroaches in Phoenix. They can determine the type of roach and the best treatment method for your situation.
Why Professional Cockroach Control Is The Best Solution
There are several reasons why professional cockroach control may be your best option. First of all, cockroach control is a science. You can't just spray the house with some over-the-counter cockroach control products and call it good. The professionals know the techniques that will kill any roaches inside your home, as well as those coming from outside. Second, if you already have cockroaches, chances are good that they came in from somewhere. An experienced pest control company will know how to find where these roaches are coming from so they can stop them at their entry point. Finally, if you don't know what you are doing, then it's better not to try something yourself because this could make matters worse instead of better!
If you're looking to hire the best home pest control company in Phoenix, look no further than Echo Valley Pest Control. We have over fourteen years of experience and work hard to exceed your expectations. Our technicians use the safest and most effective methods and treatments to get rid of roaches safely.
We guarantee our work 100%, so you can rest assured that your home will be free from pests once we've finished with it! Call us today for a free consultation.